Said on the KETSO website, Ketso is a toolkit for creative and effective engagement. It is designed to encourage creative thinking, and to engage people from different backgrounds and experiences, so diverse groups can work together enjoyably and productively.
I feel it’s useful for people who run workshops, teaching or organise events. I don’t feel the idea is new. It is similar to using any other concept map software. It is similar to other workshops that use colourful pens, stick-on-it, paper to draw down your ideas. However, I like the reusable materials that can be easily washed off and reuse; very efficient.
18 free mind-mapping software:
- Bubbl.us is a simple and free web application that lets you brainstorm online.
- Dabbleboard is an online collaboration application that’s centered around the whiteboard. With a new type of drawing interface that’s actually easy and fun to use, Dabbleboard gets out of your way and just lets you draw. It provides a free version and 30 trial for Pro version.
- DeepaMehta is a software platform for Knowledge Management. Knowledge is represented in a semantic network and is handled collaboratively. It combines interdisciplinary research with the idea of Open Source to generate a true benefit for workflow as well as for social processes.
- Edistorm is an online sticky note site with lots of powerful collaboration tools. It provides a free version with limited functions.
- Ekpenso.com is an online mindmapping tool. Create and share your mindmaps. Ekpenso.com offers the ability to edit your mindmaps even when your offline: There is a google gears and a Adobe-air version.
- FreeMind is a premier free mind-mapping software written in Java.
- Labyrinth is a lightweight mind-mapping tool for the GNOME desktop. It is written in Python and uses cairo for its rendering. It is intended to be as light and intuitive as possible, but still provide a wide range of powerful features.
- Mindomo is an online, web based mind mapping tool, featuring functionality only found in the most advanced mind-mapping applications. It offers a free basic version with limited functions.
- MindMeister supports all the standard features of a classic mind mapping tool. It offers a free basic version with limited functions.
- MindRaider is personal notebook and outliner. It aims to connect the tradition of outline editors with emerging technologies. MindRaider mission is to help you in organization of your knowledge and associated web, local and realworld resources in a way that enables quick navigation, concise representation and inferencing.
- Mind42 is a collaborative browser-based online mind mapping tool. It is a WYSIWYG mind map editor supporting keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop, zooming and much more. No forms and lists which are generally used in web application.
- PersonalBrain is designed to help you organize information the way you think. It’s a commercial software but offers a free edition with limited functions.
- RecallPlus is software designed specifically for students who want to learn faster and improve their marks. It offers a free LITE version.
- Telerik Bookvar is a mind mapping tool that allows you to rapidly create interactive mind maps, share ideas and collaborate via built-in chat service.
- Text2Mindmap is a brand new web application that converts texts to mind maps.
- ThinkGraph is a 2D Drawing application specialized for Concept Maps authoring.
- The Visual Understanding Environment (VUE) is an Open Source project based at Tufts University. The VUE project is focused on creating flexible tools for managing and integrating digital resources in support of teaching, learning and research. VUE provides a flexible visual environment for structuring, presenting, and sharing digital information.
- VYM (View Your Mind) is a tool to generate and manipulate maps which show your thoughts. Such maps can help you to improve your creativity and effectivity. You can use them for time management, to organize tasks, to get an overview over complex contexts, to sort your ideas etc.
- WiseMapping is the web mind mapping tool that leverages the power of Mind Maps mixing new technologies like HTML 5.0 and SVG.