I used a normal digital camera to take some videos. I had to change those .MOV files to .AVI files before I could edit them all together. I thought using Windows Movie Maker is the easiest way. However, I got error “…*.avi could not be imported. The required codec was not downloaded automatically because the Download codecs automatically check box is not selected in the Options dialog box” when I opened a converted .avi file in Windows Movie Maker.
That’s annoying. Here I tried two ways to make .MOV files to a .avi file. (Of course you can create other types of video files too.)
- Downloaded one of the popular video converters. (I tried the free “SweetPacks VideoConverter” and installed the converter.)
- Used the Video Converter to convert .MOV files to .AVI files.
- Downloaded “VSDC Free Video Editor” and installed the video editor.
- Used the Video Editor to edit each .AVI video file and make them into one single video file. Here is an instruction of how to use the editor.
The SweetPacks VideoConverter is easy to use and it converts files quickly.
The VSDC Video Editor is easy to use, but it takes a long time to build/save the final format video file especially when you try to build a video file by linking some multiple big video files. (A fast computer is needed!)
- Downloaded the “VideoPad Video Editor” and installed it.
- Used the Video Editor to edit each video file and convert them into one single .AVI video file.
The VideoPad Video Editor is easy to use and it’s quick to make a final format video file with linking some multiple big video files. (A fast computer is needed too!)