I come across this source “50 Education Technology Tools You Can Start Using Today“.
Although I have used applications like those to some extent, there are 40% tools I didn’t know.
- Animoto – an online video maker that turns your photos, video clips and music into video in minutes.
- Educreations – a global community that people can create and share video lessons online.
- FlipSnack – allows people to turn PDF files into amazing interactive books.
- GCFLearnFree.org® – a free online learning resources for anyone who wants to improve the technology, literacy and math skills needed to be successful in both work and life.
- GoAnimate – allows people to create animated videos and share with others.
- LiveBinders – a bookmarking tool installed on browser tool bar. It allows users to add web pages directly into one of the binders or a new binder in their account by clicking on the “LiveBinder It” link.
- Poll Everywhere – is live real time audience response voting with SMS, laptop, or twitter. It is free for audiences of 40 people or less.
- popplet – a collaborative brainstorming tool. It allows users to visualize ideas.
- Socrative – a smart student response system that empowers teachers by engaging their classrooms with a series of educational exercises and games.
- Smore – allows people to design beautiful online flyers and publish instantly.
- Thinkfinity – is the Verizon Foundation’s free online professional learning community, providing access to over 60,000 educators and experts in curriculum enhancement, along with thousands of award-winning digital resources for K-12 — aligned to state standards and the common core.
- Weebly – a easy tool to help people create a free website and a free blog.
- Wix – a free website builder.
Personally I feel many these applications are not for Higher Education specifically.
- Blabberize – a free web 2.0 tool that allows people to quickly create talking photos. Simply upload a photo, select a part of the photo where you want it speak, and record your audio. Instantly, Blabberize will compile those elements together and you’ll get a talking characters.
- ClassDojo – a classroom tool that helps teachers improve behavior in their classrooms quickly and easily. It also captures and generates data on behavior that teachers can share with parents and administrators.
- Edmodo – a social learning platform for teachers, students, and parents. By looking at the demo, it pretty much likes Blackboard.
- i-SAFE – is a blended compliance enterprise solution that combines the power of technology, traditional curriculum and the influence of social media to educate and empower students through cutting-edge e-Safety education platforms.