A friend sent me an e-card made by Screenr. Screenr allows people to record screencasts and publish them to a web page. Nowadays it become easier to record screen, to capture PowerPoint slides, software demos, and more. I had some good screen capture tools, streaming video software and there are more free screencasting applications to add in.
- Debugmode Wink is a tutorial creation application, with captured screenshots, added explanations boxes, buttons, shapes and titles (It also provides video managing tools Wax, Frameserver and Winmorp).
- Debut Video Capture Software provides a freeware version for non-commercial use only.
- Krut is a screencast tool that is written in Java and well suited for making video tutorials (instructional videos) on most platforms. I didn’t try it. Its latest version was modified in 2009, but this doesn’t mean it’s not a good application.
- Screenbird is a simple, sharable screen recording tool. It works through Java in your browser. It provides a free version with basic features.
- Screencast-O-Matic (free version doesn’t support Mac)
- Webinaria is an open source screen recording software. It creates Flash (AVI to FLV) recordings of your desktop and allow you to save/edit your recordings to add voice, webcam or text.