Viewed the Online Teamwork and Collaboration video today.
This is not an optional extra or some way that academics have decided it’s easier way of getting out of marking or something like that. It’s actually how the real world works and that learning to become a team member and still produce good work is part of being at university.
– Prof Matthew Allen
Nowadays, educators have many choices to use the collaborative tools to help students to develop teamwork skills, for instance,
- Wiggio is a free, online toolkit that makes it easy to work in groups.
- Huddle that conveys that true collaboration means more than just file sharing. It’s about delivering the right information to the right people and giving them all the tools they need to achieve their goals in one place.
- Stixy provides a easy way for users to organise personal information, share information and work with other people using a sharable web-based bulletin boards called Stixyboards.
- Teamwork Project Manager is an online application that helps you get organised and take control of your current projects, task lists, milestones, files, notebooks, resources and time.
- 15 Free Tools for Web-based Collaboration
- How to use online tools for collaborative teamwork