It’s nice to read Connie Malamed’s post “Learning Technology Trends To Watch In 2011“.
Also, I found Dr. Tony Karrer’s post “Top 10 eLearning Predictions 2011 #LCBQ” which brings a review of learning technology changes since 2008, quite informative.
I didn’t do much research on it, but by those terms/topics/apps I heard/used so often, the following aspects did happen here.
- mobile learning
- QR codes
- social networking
Although concepts such as “sharing” and “collaboration” are not new, I think any technology being conducive to “sharing” and “collaboration” will still be in the trend. Let’s see some predictions for next year and beyond:
- Top 3 Technology Trends/ Issues Affecting Higher Education by James M. Dutcher
- Mobile and Informal Learning: Trends for 2012 by Josh Bersin
- E-Learning in 2012 presention by Mark Harrison (a bit surprise that he thought Wikis and Blogs will be less interested in 6 years time.)
- Look out: The 10 rising tech trends of 2012 by Jason Hiner (not specific for e-learning)
- Fast Forward: E-Learning in 2013 by Craig Weiss