Ask and Answers search engines are more than just finding an answer to the question you care. Actually, knowledge sharing happens.
- Aardvark was conceived as the first Social Search engine: a way to find people, not web pages, that have specific information. In February 2010 Aardvark was acquired by Google, and continues to operate as part of the Google family of products.
- able2know helps to connect people, knowledge and resources.
- Allexperts, created in early 1998, was the very first large-scale question and answer service on the net.
- AOL Answers aims to merge the convenience and efficiency of search with the unlimited value of individual knowledge to get you the best answers to your questions.
- AskDeb is a website where you can ask questions on a wide variety of topics.
- Ask Me Help Desk is an online network of real people and experts from around the world sharing information and knowledge on relevant and specialized topics.
- Ask Reddit helps you find answers through Raddit website, which is a social news website where users can post links to content on the web.
- Answerbag is part of Demand Media, a leading online media company that informs, entertains and connects millions of people every day.
- blekko is a better way to search the web by using slashtags. slashtags search only the sites you want and cut out the spam sites.
- blurtit allows people from all over the world to share their knowledge and ask any question imaginable.
- ChaCha gives free, real-time answers to any question both online at ChaCha.com and through mobile phones by either texting “ChaCha” (242-242) or using one of our mobile apps.
- Fluther directs your question to people who can help.
- FunAdvice is a social network in the US, and staff and volunteers from all around the world help answer questions, solve problems, and assist with the daily operation of the site.
- Help.com is a network of people dedicated to helping you.
- JustAnswer provides customised answers to all kinds of important questions.
- Mahalo is a knowledge sharing service; it helps people quickly find the best information on topics, how to’s and coupons.
- NASA Quest‘s Question and Answer service provides students in K-12 gradeswith the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers that relate to NASA science, math and technology content.
- Quora is a continually improving collection of questions and answers created, edited, and organized by everyone who uses it.
- Trexy is an award-winning social search engine that intersects the search trails people make while searching the web.
- True Knowledge aims to give you direct answers to your questions, just as if you were talking to another human being.
- US Library of Congress: Ask a Librarian allows you email research questions or chat online with a reference librarian.
- WebAnswers is a free question & answer website where you can ask your questions for free and can answer other people’s questions.