I came across the OATSoft yesterday and got more assistive tools today. Some of the tools have been applied by universities.
- BrowseAloud is a computer program that reads aloud all website content including PDF and MS Word documents
- Camera Mouse is a program that allows you to control the mouse pointer on a Windows computer just by moving your head. Clicking can be done by making the mouse pointer dwell over a spot on the screen.
- Click-N-Type is an on-screen virtual keyboard designed for anyone with a disability that prevents him or her from typing on a physical computer keyboard.
- NaturalReader is a Text to Speech software with natural sounding voices. This easy to use software can convert any written text such as MS Word, Webpage, PDF files, and Emails into spoken words. NaturalReader can also convert any written text into audio files such as MP3 or WAV for your CD player or iPod.
- Thunder is award-winning free screenreader talking software for people with little or no sight. It works well with Windows 7, Vista or XP. Thunder is available all over the world in 8 languages and it really is absolutely free. The 100 useful Disability Websites resource may be useful for users needs.