- Alfresco is an Free/Libre enterprise content management system for Microsoft Windows and Unix-like operating systems. Alfresco Community Edition is free software, LGPL licensed open source and open standards. Alfresco Enterprise Edition is commercially & proprietary licensed open source, open standards and enterprise scale.
- concrete5 is Free and Open Source (FOSS) under the MIT software license.
- Contao is an open source CMS for people who want a professional internet presence that is easy to maintain. It uses Ajax and Web 2.0 technologies.
- CMS Made Simple™ is an open source (GPL) package first released in July 2004. Its built using PHP that provides website developers with a simple, easy to use utility to allow building small-ish (dozens to hundreds of pages), semi-static websites.
- Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites and applications. You can use it to build everything from personal blogs to enterprise applications.
- Frog CMS is a PHP version of Radiant CMS, a well known Ruby on Rails application. It requires PHP5, a MySQL database or SQLite 3 with PDO, and a web server (Apache with mod_rewrite is highly recommended).
- GetSimple is an XML based lite Content Management System.
- Hotaru CMS is plugin-based CMS. It support users to build a blog, a directory, a forum, or any other kind of website.
- ImpressCMS is a community developed CMS. It is the ideal tool for a wide range of users: from business to community users, from large enterprises to people who want a simple, easy to use blogging tool.
- Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications.
- Mambo‘s “power in simplicity” makes it the CMS of choice for many small businesses and personal sites.
- MODx is an Open Source PHP application framework, it helps you take control of your online content.
- Plone is a free, open source product, and has hundreds of companies around the world supporting it.
- Radiant is a no-fluff, open source content management system designed for small teams that was built on Ruby on Rails.
- SageFrame offers a solution, a web application framework enabling the rapid design, development and deployment of dynamic websites.
- Sapphire is an object-oriented PHP5 web application framework. It is based on a Model-view-controller (MVC) architecture, a popular approach for building web-based applications.
- Silverstripe is a simplistic, yet extensible, open-source CMS, developed on top of the object oriented Sapphire PHP framework.
- sNews is a completely free, standards compliant, PHP and MySQL driven Content Management System.
- SPIP is a publishing system for the Internet in which great importance is attached to collaborative working, to multilingual environments, and to simplicity of use for web authors. It is free software, distributed under the GNU/GPL licence.
- Symphony CMS is a rather new, awesome and very flexible PHP based free CMS designed to let developers program exclusively in the XSLT templating language.
- Textpattern is well known as a free PHP CMS for Web designers, developers, publishers and bloggers who love its flexibility and extensibility.
- TYPO3 is a free, feature rich, Content Management Framework built with PHP and running under many Unixes and Windows.
- Umbraco is the choice of many organizations because of its no-cost, open-source licensing, its simplicity, and its unlimited potential.
- Wolf CMS has some common ground with the old Frog project. It is HP-based, easily extended CMS, using MySQL, SQLite or (from 0.7) PostgreSQL for db.
- CushyCMS is a Content Management Systems (CMS) that is truly simple. It’s free and you you don’t need to download/install it.
- With FreeCMS, there are no downloads, installs or coding required.